hplcsimulator.org Forums

Welcome to the discussion forums for HPLC resources, curriculum, and code development
It is currently Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:43 pm 

Recently, I learned of the HPLC simulator that is supposed to be available on this website. I plan to use this simulator in the Instrumental Analysis course that I am teaching this fall semester. Unfortunately, the simulator does not launch where it is expected to start. I also attempted to use it offline following the instructions provided on the HPLC simulator page. In this case, the application seems to start, but only an empty Java appication window appears.

I am looking forward to have this problem resolved and have the ability to learn more about the capabilities of this simulator.

Thanks,

Hotze Wijnja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:25 pm 

Hotze,

I have some questions about your system setup.

1) What operating system are you using? Mac, Windows, or Linux?
2) What version of Java do you have installed? If you are running Windows, go to the Control Panel, then double-click on the "Java" icon. In the window that opens, click on the "About" button.

The HPLC simulator requires Java 5 (version 1.5.0) or higher. You can go to http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp to get the latest version of Java. This is the most common issue I've seen people have.

If that doesn't work, tell me and I'll see if I can help some more.

Good luck!

Paul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:32 pm 

One more question - what internet browser are you using?

Paul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:21 am 

Paul,

Thanks for your response. I was successful launching the simulator on my laptop computer. My laptop has Java version 1.6.0, whereas the desktop pc where I wasn't able to launch the simulator has version 1.5.0. The operating systems are Windows and I use the Explorer browser. I will try to update the Java version on my desktop and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks,

Hotze